San Marcos Arts Council to host Working Artist Workshop June 11
From Staff Reports
The San Marcos Arts Commission (SMAC) has announced its first Working Artist Workshop entitled Business of Arts to be held Tuesday, June 11 from 6 p.m.to 8 p.m. in the Multi-Purpose Room at the San Marcos Activity Center, 501 E. Hopkins.
Business of Arts will be presented by Robert “Rex” Schuller from the Texas Accountants and Lawyers for the Arts.
“We are pleased to provide Working Artist Workshops for artists in our community in an effort to advance art education in San Marcos,” said Kelvon Hansen, Arts Commission Chair.
Robert “Rex” Schuller is the only fire-spinning, stilt-walking, reformed choir boy who’s also a CPA and a Certified Internal Auditor. In his signature fun-and-fact-filled style, he’ll reveal the easy-to-implement secrets to mastering the great business and tax mysteries of artistic life, including:
• The 5 Biggest Business Mistakes Artists Make and How You Can Avoid Them
• How to Set Up an Goof-Proof Receipt Filing System You’ll Actually Use for Under $15
• Never Again Say “Oops, I Can’t Pay My Taxes” (The Simple Cash Management Method)
• The Little Trick to Knowing Off The Top of Your Head If an Expense is Deductable
• When You Can Do Yourself and When You Must Get Professional Help
Atists and others interested attending, are asked to RSVP to Jennifer Shaw, Special Events Coordinator, City of San Marcos, 512.393.8413 by Friday, June 7.
This series of workshops is presented by the SMAC to give working artists and art/culture focused organizations the tools necessary to be successful. Two additional workshops on “Applying for Grants” and “Marketing your Event” will be offered throughout the year.