Fire destroys Bikini's
By DAVID SHORT & Don Moore
Daily Record staff
One of San Marco’s most popular eateries was destroyed Friday night after fire erupted around 7:30 p.m. at Bikini’s Bar & Grill on IH-35 South near Aquarena Springs.
“I smelled something that smelled burnt,” said Andrew Holmes, a Bikini’s employee who discovered the fire. “I thought it might have been something from the microwave so I started looking for the cause. I then stuck my head out the back door of the restaurant and thought there was more smoke than there should have been.”
<a href="http://www.etypeservices.com/San%20Marcos%20RecordID328/default.aspx">Click here to see the full story in our e-Edition.</a>