Industry shares 'Spice Rack' cocktail
Industry is featuring a hot cocktail called the Spice Rack on their menu until the end of the month.
The Spice Rack is a wine-based drink loaded with warm spices like cardamom, cinnamon, clove and star anise. In the spirit of the season, Industry is sharing this warming and welcoming recipe for people to create and share at home with family and friends this holiday season.
The Spice Rack
- 1 orange
- 3 ounces candied ginger with syrup
- 2 star anise
- 8 cloves
- 7 cardamon pods
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 bottle of red wine (Cabernet, Zinfandel, or Merlot)
1. Pour wine into a deep cooking pot over low heat, to warm the wine but not to boil it.
2. Zest orange with a peeler and cut into segments.
3. In a cheesecloth, combine all the spices, creating somewhat of a tea bag. Add spice bag, orange peels and orange segments to the wine, along with the ginger and some of the syrup.
4. Let wine and spices simmer for 20-25 minutes, over very light heat, never let it boil.
5. Pull out all spices and ladle liquid into individual cups.
6. Garnish with orange slice.