St. Mark’s Episcopal Church serves Cottage Kitchen Luncheon
St. Mark’s Episcopal Church will host lunch at the Charles S. Cock House Museum, located at 400 E. Hopkins Street, from 11 a.m. until 1 p.m. on Friday, Feb. 7.
The lunch will feature beef burgundy, rice pilaf, green beans vinaigrette, croissants, a choice of beverage and assorted desserts, all for $8 (cash and checks accepted only). To go plates are also available for pick up.
Charles S. Cock, a pioneer and former mayor of San Marcos, built the home in 1867 of pine, elm, cedar and native limestone. One hundred years later, it received a Texas Historical Marker medallion and in 1973 it was placed on the National Register of Historic Places. That same year, the San Marcos Bicentennial Commission initiated the restoration of the home, completing the project in 1976.
The Heritage Association — created to continue the work of the Bicentennial Commission — opened the house for tours, receptions and luncheons throughout 1976, and the Heritage Guild, a committee of the Association, began offering luncheons on Fridays. The tradition of Cottage Kitchen continues to this day in what is now the oldest residential building in San Marcos. The Charles S. Cock House Museum features period furniture and collectibles, some from as early as the late 18th century.
All proceeds benefit the Heritage Association of San Marcos, an organization that supports the preservation of historic buildings and celebrates the culture and traditions that beautify and enrich the San Marcos community.
To learn more, go to the Heritage Association of San Marcos' website.