Hays Sheriff’s Office swears in new deputies, promotes others
Hays County Sheriff Gary Cutler (left) with deputies after the swearing-in. PHOTO COURTESY OF HAYS COUNTY
On April 18, Hays County Sheriff Gary Cutler swore in seven new deputy sheriffs and promoted nine employees within the Sheriff’s Office at a special ceremony held at the Hays County Government Center in front of family, friends and co-workers.
New deputies sworn in were Preston Dodson, Gabriel Flores, Demarcus Iglehart, Ryan Johnson, Zachary Piatt, Jeffrey Paullus and Eric Zedike.
The following employees were promoted and sworn in to their new positions by Sheriff Cutler: • Corrections Officer Michael Kloss was promoted to corrections Corporal
• Deputies Kyri Lysek, Troy Mayes and Amber Stock were promoted to detective
• Corrections Corporal Monica Shaffer was promoted to corrections sergeant.
• Detectives Ken Carpenter and Jon Craigmile were promoted to patrol sergeant.
• Corrections Sergeant Jesse Hernandez was promoted to corrections Lieutenant
• Corrections Lieutenant Julissa Villalpando was promoted to corrections Captain. Villalpando, a 26 year veteran, is the first female Captain promoted at the Hays County Sheriff’s Office.
• Submitted by the Hays County Sheriff’s Office