Historical Commission members sworn in

Left to right, front row: Marie Bassett, Linda Coker, Irma Gaitan, SarahAnn Lowther, Chair Kate Johnson, Cindy Meyer, Ofelia Vasquez Philo, Marian Oles, Dr. Henry Oles, Trisha Randow and Jo Ann Lowe; back row: Delbert Bassett, County Judge Bert Cobb, M.D., Eric Beckers, Jo Landon, Richard Kidd, LuAnne Cullen, Robert Frizzell, Dorothy Gumbert, Ralph Meyer, Ralph Randow and Eddie Gumbert. PHOTO COURTESY OF LAUREEN CHERNOW/HAYS COUNTY

Swearing in

The Hays County Historical Commission welcomed its newest roster of volunteers Jan. 31 when County Judge Bert Cobb, M.D., swore in new and returning members. Members serve for two-year terms.

The award-winning Historical Commission produces documentaries on notable figures in Hays County, maintains a museum on the ground floor of the Hays County Courthouse in San Marcos, works to preserve area cemeteries and historical sites, and nominates properties for the Texas Historical Marker program. The group is also renovating the Old County Jail on Fredericksburg Street in San Marcos and just recently debuted the Kyle Railroad Depot and Museum after a lengthy renovation. Visit www.hayshistoricalcommission.com for more information.

• Submitted by Laureen Chernow/Hays County

San Marcos Daily Record

(512) 392-2458
P.O. Box 1109, San Marcos, TX 78666