The Journey Continues: Is it in the Bible?
The Journey today takes us to a “pop quiz” on Bible knowledge.
Do not look at the answers until you have written a yes or no beside each quote. For example, one person remarked, “You know that the Bible says, ‘A fool and his money are soon parted.’ The Bible has a lot to say about fools and about money, but this saying is not found in the Bible.
1. Cleanliness is next to Godliness.
2. Let your conscience be your guide.
3. Fools rush in where angels fear to tread.
4. God helps those that help themselves.
5. Virtue is its own reward.
6. It’s not what you say, it’s what you do that matters to the Lord.
7. All’s well that ends well.
8. The road to hell is paved with good intentions.
9. All things come to him who waits.
10. In God we trust.
11. Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him.
12. Where your treasure is there your heart will be also.
13. We know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him.
14. If God is for us who can be against us?
15. Render unto Caesar the things that are Caesar’s.
16. A soft answer turned away wrath.
17. Be wise as serpents and harmless as doves.
18. A good name is rather to be chosen than great riches.
19. All Scripture is Godbreathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correction and training.
20. A great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language.
How did you do? Look up the scripture references for enlightenment about verses.